How the iTero Machine Makes the Invisalign Process Easy
Invisalign in Fairfax is a popular orthodontic treatment for a long list of reasons. It is aesthetically pleasing, it is effective, and the removable nature of the aligners is quite convenient. But there is even more to love about Invisalign. Thanks to the iTero intraoral scanner, the process for getting your aligners can be an easy, comfortable, and mess-free process. Let’s talk about this remarkable machine and how it can help you achieve the smile of your dreams.
iTero Imaging: The Basics
The iTero scanner provides your dentist in Fairfax with a fast and easy way to capture detailed, three-dimensional images of your mouth. They simply have to move a special wand around your oral cavity while the wand captures thousands of frames per second. Then, the iTero’s software assembles those images into a 3D representation of your teeth. In a nutshell, it takes a digital impression of your smile that serves as the basis for designing your Invisalign treatment.
Another thing that dental professionals appreciate about the iTero scanner is that it operates on an open software system. This makes it easy for your dentist to share your impressions with anyone who needs them, including the technicians at the Invisalign lab who will create your aligners.
How iTero Scanners Improve Invisalign
iTero scanners do not have a monopoly on the digital impressions industry. However, they are among the best products your dentist can use during your Invisalign process for a number of reasons:
- There is no need to cover your teeth with a powder prior to the scan. Therefore, there is no mess and no discomfort.
- iTero can shorten appointment times by up to 22 percent when compared to traditional, non-digital impressions.
- Your dentist can see the results of the scan right away. You won’t have to wait while they figure out if the images are clear and detailed enough to serve as the basis for creating your aligners.
- The iTero scanner wand is relatively small, which reduces the chance that you’ll gag when your dentist is moving it around your mouth. This is an especially valuable trait when your dentist has to move the wand to the back of your mouth to capture images of your molars.
- iTero scans are precise and reliable. In fact, one study found that dental professionals who use iTero scans have 10 times fewer rejections from Invisalign and seven times fewer issues with the way the aligners fit.
Are You Ready to Experience iTero and Invisalign?
At Fairfax Dental Group, we’re committed to using only the latest technologies and techniques in our office. We can therefore provide the most comfortable and efficient care for our patients — we’re proud to use the iTero digital impression system. We warmly invite you to come to our office to experience comfortable, mess-free impressions as part of your journey toward a straighter, healthier smile.
About Fairfax Dental Group
Our two general dentists, Drs. Marjun Ayati and Brenda Young, have over 50 years of combined experience in their profession. They love to serve the Fairfax community and help patients achieve healthier, more beautiful smiles. To learn more about Invisalign or the iTero scanner, contact our office at 703-560-6301.